Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My Early Preseason Picks

Well, since all of the preseason mags are out and doing their prognosticating, it's time for me to share my updated preseason picks for the 2008 NFL season.

NFC East: Dallas
NFC North: Minnesota
NFC South: New Orleans
NFC West: Arizona
NFC Wild Cards: NY Giants, Philadelphia

AFC East: New England
AFC North: Cleveland
AFC South: Indianapolis
AFC West: Denver
AFC Wild Cards: Pittsburgh, San Diego

And while I, like my fellow prognosticators, do not have my G-men winning the division, I think anyone who doesn't think they will be a factor this season is delusional. It doesn't matter that Michael Strahan has retired, this team is deep and I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the Super Bowl again. I'm going with the Giants and Patriots again in the Super Bowl, or quite possibly the Giants and the Colts, which would surely be a media circus with the Manning brothers.

I also think a few teams will bounce back this season--namely New Orleans and Denver. And I think the Vikings are going to be a force in the NFC. I know I'm already dreading the fact that the Giants play them again in Week 17. So what do you all think?

No comments: