Thursday, July 31, 2008

Murphy Reportedly Bribes Favre

So it's come to this.....we're still dealing with ESPN's score ticker having a FAVRE category along with AL, NL, WNBA, etc....and yesterday with footage of Favre working out at a local high school, Packers prez Mark Murphy reportedly went to Hattiesburg to meet with Favre and his agent, Bus Cook. With Favre planning to report to Green Bay tomorrow unless the Pack can work out a trade, there are reports that Murphy offered Favre $20 million to stay away from camp. Call it a bribe, because that's what it is. I can't imagine the money is what matters to Favre...I mean, the guy is getting into shape tossing the ball to high school players. He just wants to play. It sure will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

And taking headlines away from Favre recently is this Manny Ramirez mess. If I'm a Red Sox fan, I'm pissed that this guy is shooting his mouth off and wanting out, but I also lived in Cleveland when Manny did the same thing to the Indians. Still, I'm pissed because I'm a Mets fan and it looks like this dude is going to wind up hitting cleanup for the Marlins, who could be primed to steal another World Series from every other team with a higher payroll.

No comments: