Thursday, July 10, 2008
Honor Your Contract
I heard Giants' WR Plaxico Burress promoting his book on WFAN this morning, and Chris Carton and Boomer Esiason were grilling him about the fact that he and his agent are trying to re-negotiate his contract. We went through this with Michael Strahan last year, and it's happening more and more in sports, especially the NFL. These guys get huge contracts and then the market continually changes, and they expect to get raises based on current market conditions. Dudes, if you're going to demand more money, either wait till your contract expires or sign one-year, incentive laden deals. It's unfair to the team for you to hold them hostage. Now, I certainly think Plax played a huge part in the Giants' Super Bowl run, and I wouldn't blame the Giants for giving him the money, but that doesn't mean I think it's right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment